Welcome to Amber's Diary

Amber's diary is the diary of a baby guinea-pig who came to live with me on the 27th March 2010 aged 3 months old.

Sunday 18 April 2010

18th April 2010 - Fugal Infection Improvement

The shampoo and melt arrived on Thursday and I tested the melt on the back of her ear before starting. I left it on her ear for about 30 minutes whilst she was in the run and then I checked it and it didn't irritate her skin, so I put the melt on all over her body (just a thin layer otherwise it's difficult to get off) and then I left it for 20 minutes and used the shampoo to wash it off. She didn't enjoy the bath at all and wheeked a lot in protest lol, but she seemed fine. As revenge for me giving her a bath she peed in my shoe haha. I towel dried her then let her walk round the Utility room to finish drying off whilst I cleaned up all the stuff I'd used. I then put her out in the run in the sunshine with her hutchmate, Spicy. I cleaned out and disenfected their hutch and then put them back. Two days later there is an improvement, though it's very slight improvement. The scab has fallen off and it's left some dry skin, and its' not as white as it was. I have to repeat the melt and shampoo after a week so next Friday.

Unfortunately Amber's hutchmate, Spicy, died this evening after what I've been told is a stroke, so Amber is now alone for the time being. I've put her new bed in for her and filled her hutch with hay and given her a lot of grass and dandelions.

No comments:

Post a Comment