Welcome to Amber's Diary

Amber's diary is the diary of a baby guinea-pig who came to live with me on the 27th March 2010 aged 3 months old.

Thursday 1 April 2010

1st April 2010 - Amber's weigh-in



I weighed Amber on Tuesday and she weighed 384g, and I weighed her again today and she was 395g, so she's gained 11g. It isn't a lot but I'm pleased she's gaining weight. When she's fully grown she should weigh around 700-900g. I held her on Tuesday and she went off to explore round the room and I found her sitting in my cat's bed looking so comfy! I'm now looking for a guinea-pig sized bed for her. I gave all the guinea-pigs some grass this afternoon in their hutches and it took Amber a long time to find it, and she kept running into the food bowl, so I'm a little worried about her eye sight but I think with Spicy around to help her she'll be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment