Welcome to Amber's Diary

Amber's diary is the diary of a baby guinea-pig who came to live with me on the 27th March 2010 aged 3 months old.

Friday 23 April 2010

23rd April 2010

I repeated the melt and shampoo bath tonight and I remembered to put the foam on her ear (I forgot last time oops) and I wrapped her in a towel and sat with her for a while, she was wheeking and breathing strangely and shaking, which worried me a bit. When she was dry I put her back in her hutch (which again, I'd cleaned out and disenfected to get rid of any traces of the fungal that might be in there) I put lots of hay in, a big bowl of food, clean water and a big block of cucumber because I would easily be able to tell if she'd eaten any of it that way. She just sat shaking in her hay and I checked on her an hour later and there was no change. Well, about an hour ago I went to check on her for the last time tonight and she was moving around totally normally, she'd eaten almost all of the cucumber, lots of hay and a bit of her main food (she doesn't normally eat a lot of it anyway) Anyway I think she was maybe just cold or not completly dry when I put her back out so that was why she was sitting still for so long. I hope this was the last time I have to do the melt and shampoo because apart from a few small scabs I'm now only waiting for the fur to regrow on that bald patch. I saw an advert in the newspaper today for guinea-pigs looking for new homes, I tried ringing the number they gave but no-one answered, I'm going to try and ring tommorow to see if they are still available and if they have any females. If they do I might get one to keep Amber company, because guinea-pigs need company and she seems quite lonely.

Some photos I've taken of Amber over the past few days:




No comments:

Post a Comment